Just for Your Peace of Mind from The Townsend Hotel,
Your health and safety are a top priority for us and with the growing concerns of Coronavirus (COVID - 19) around the world, we want you to know that we are committed to doing our part to keep both our valued residents, hotel guests and employees healthy. We continue to monitor the updates and are keeping a close eye on official guidelines from both state and federal authorities as it becomes available including guidance published by our local and state government.
Currently, as we always do, we disinfect our guest rooms, fitness center, meeting rooms, restaurant, bakery and all other public and back of the house areas as well as our equipment and furniture with non-toxic cleaning solutions daily. In addition to that, we are taking proactive, preventative measures to protect against exposure to any virus. As a standard routine, we have multiple deep cleans of our public spaces, equipment and doors by our trained professionals.
In addition to our standard cleaning practices above, we are implementing enhanced protocols including the following:
• We have acquired hand sanitizers to place in common areas and building entrances.
• We have sanitizing wipes currently in our fitness facility to wipe down machines for you to use before or after use.
• We have increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfecting of the public areas, including front desk and restrooms as well as other high traffic areas on property including door handles and elevators.
• Our Engineering service and maintenance teams change all of the air filters throughout the building with an increase in frequency to bi-weekly in an effort to increase air flow through the ventilation systems for better circulation throughout the indoor areas.
• As we work to protect also our employees and guests, The Townsend has implemented a temporary policy for our employees that states should they choose to make the decision to travel internationally, they will not be permitted to return to work for 14 days after their return to the USA. In addition, the employees have access to healthcare which provides also a 24-hour telemedicine provider. If any employee were to be diagnosed as having coronavirus, they would be placed on a medical leave of absence.
• Public touch points, such as handrails, elevator buttons, door handles and knobs are cleaned with disinfectant wipes multiple times throughout the day
• Surfaces such as front desk, restaurant counters and dining tables are wiped regularly also with disinfectant wipes
We are also encouraging YOU to do the following, as it takes proactive steps from all of us to ensure a clean and hygienic atmosphere:
• Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds (sing "Happy Birthday" to yourself twice while scrubbing front, back and in between fingers) often throughout the day, especially after eating, coughing/sneezing, using the bathroom, and before and after being in a crowded public space, after each class or using public transportation.
• We will provide upon request medical grade cleaning wipes, sprays as we sanitize each and every room to keep our facility clean and sanitized. • We advise against sharing water bottles, cups, kissing, hugging and shaking hands.
• Listen to your body, and if you’re not feeling well, stay home.
• Do not bring your children, family or friends to common areas of the property if they are sick or unable to attend school or work because of illness.
We are asking everyone to use common sense and awareness with hygienic practices to maintain their own health, wellness and safety IN and OUT of The Townsend Hotel. We will keep you updated and any further action if necessary.
The goal is to maintain consistent, un-interrupted and safe hotel services to our guests, keep our staff safe, and to do our part to stem the spread of the virus.
The Townsend Hotel management and associates will continue to do our best in preventing the spread of the virus— but we’ll do that with new work strategies that reflect the best interests of public health issues of the moment and under the guidance by our state and federal government.
Should you require any additional information or specific support, please reach out at any time.
The Townsend Hotel